Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Lucient


I recall Hawkeye did not like this sculpture. I don't mind it. It is quite pretty at night. It is in front of the recently completed Lucient apartment building. It looks very nice inside, well the foyer does and what else can be seen from the outside looking in.

I have heard that before a bank will lend a developer money for construction of a building like Lucient, that eighty per cent of the apartments had to be presold before building could commence. Going by the visisble occupancy on our side of the building, I would guess something less than 20 per cent are sold. Very odd.

Last night I went out to to a snap of the sculpture at night and thought I would take this one of the foyer too. The concierge must have been watching me on CCTV as he was straight out to investigate my intentions. Really, he just wanted me to buy and apartment and suggested I make an appointment. I pointed. We live there, in the cheap seats. No need to move.


19 comments:

  1. It looks poncy...the sort of place where a nice bottle of Strongbow would cost you $20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm nice sculpture, looks great at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a certain striking scorpion look to that sculpture...I might get one of them for my front doorstep to ward of Jehova's Witnesses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it had commercial component to it Reuben, and it was a bar, I am sure a Strongy would cost $20.

    Unusual choice of lighting Fenz, pink. But quite striking.

    T'would certainly stand out in a Fleetwood residential street Brian. In fact stand out in Fleetwood full stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed the sculpture too and it is good at night. However, given the present circumstances, apartment sales may be taking a bit of a battering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, I do like that sculpture!
    And the lighting at night really hits the spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of things look awful in the daylight yet awesome at night. Like, at Christmas time when houses are done up with spectacular lighting and decorations, during the day, it looks absolutely hideous!
    Haha at what you was said to the concierge! Now, was he cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob, from my knowledge of St Kilda Road apartments, no one much is selling and so keeping the prices up.

    Not sure why they chose pink Jayne, but it works.

    Cazzie, I could not possibly confirm that he had liquid brown eyes, thick black swept hair and dark smoldering looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really pretty - I especially like the curves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm Daisy, I didn't think straight women were supposed to like curves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Dark smouldering looks, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does indeed look less like an eyesore at night. During the day it looks like a penis which has been scaled and skinned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He was cute actually Cazzie. Not tall though.

    Marvellously descriptive Hawkeye. So from the side you can see, would the occupancy be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like that sculpture. The building's pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not a cheap place Jackie but the apartments are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope some of the occupants will provide entertainment that makes up for the view you have lost.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just that bit far away Victor. Anyway, hot young people generally can't afford million dollar apartments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The night time version of that sculpture looks like something out of Dr Who

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are right MC. It should be waving about.

    ReplyDelete