Monday, February 02, 2009

Sunday Part 1

We had a couple of things to get, so a quick trip into town. We did not know that there were still Chinese New Year celebrations happening. This is one very long dragon. I believe its name is Dai Loong and is said to be the longest in the world. The continual exploding of crackers started to annoy me after an hour or so, still very audible while we were having coffee at The Wedge in QV. As per usual, the crackers set something alight and the fire brigade had to attend.


8 comments:

  1. Yeah the firecrackers are really annoying; why can't they have the celebrations without it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that there is a world's longest dragon in every city...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmph, longest this, longest that, anyone would think those dragons were size queens :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably a few hundred years of traditions Reuben.

    I suspect you are correct about that Victor.

    Some of my best friends are size queens Jayne. Of course I am not so shallow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a long dragon. I'm suprisied Amy Winehouse isn't chasing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, should I ask?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular Andrew, we also love seeing the Chinese Dragon at Bendigo. My favourite part is the burning of incense and the fire crackers. Although, the fire crackers tend to make their own smell, not as nice as the incense :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cazzie, as per Victor, I think I have heard that Bendigo also has the longest dragon.

    ReplyDelete