Sunday, November 02, 2008

Vote for me, or vote for them

What a dilemma! Normally I would vote for this bloke in the forthcoming council elections, well the party anyway. He is the Green candidate for the new Junction ward in City of Port Phillip. He is a very respected Greens Party member who has been around for a long time. Read about John Middleton here. I used to be inclined to never trust a man with a beard until Sedgwick came along. He firmed up my opinion. But still, I reckon John Middleton would do an excellent job on local council, and it would be nice to shut the already standing candidate Gross Dick up for a bit.
But things are a bit more complicated this election with an Unchain St Kilda candidate. Regardless of what they say, they are a single issue group, that is devoted to stopping the over development of the St Kilda triangle site. But I would also guess that they have pretty green leanings too. And, if they are against the triangle redevelopment, they will probably be keen to reign in the bastard VCAT. I would thoroughly approve of that. This is the Unchain St Kilda candidate, Anna Griffiths.As I am in a dilemma about who to vote for, I must focus on the important issues.

John is standing if front of a bit of boring green shrubbery, whereas Anna is front of the Blackie Ironmonger stand at Junction Oval. (Just realised Ann, you have been reading my blog since at least June 2006)

Anna has a good haircut and good hair colour. John has little hair.

Clearly neither of them use botox.

John is in a suit, but Anna is wearing a smart jacket. Both are wearing Melbourne black, so nothing there to pick from.

But I not against John. He has an open friendly smile, whereas Anna's looks a bit too superior.

John attempts to hide his poor vision with almost un-noticeable spectales, whereas Anna makes a statement with hers.

Divided left votes can be very helpful to sitting status quo incumbents, so come on folks, help me out here. Who should I vote for?

I am not going to do the research, but I seem to recall, an old sitting St Kilda council was rolled by a protest group coalition in the eighties, and someone with an heavy arts background, Mary Lou Jellbart, ended up as mayor.

17 comments:

  1. The beard is OK because it is full-on, not one of those topiary ones, but the wopman is classy, and women are more vicious when they go after something so vote for her.
    please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh for godsake - what a typo.
    OK, it's late.
    you know what a wopman is meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ann; vote for the wopman...err woman.
    She looks like she's got attitude and will be like a terrier when going after what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the Unchain crowd are green leaning, are the Greens Unchain leaning, surely the Greens are against the triange development?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd vote for the Unchain crew this time around, but keep up with the greens afterwards. I think the global economic shit might take down the triangle monstrosity. At least I'm hoping so.

    As for voting based on the photos, her eyebrows remind me of a previous girlfriend who put the 'psycho' into 'psychotic bitch'. Plus she's not smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:08 am

    Go for Anna I like her smirk....

    ReplyDelete
  7. She does look like she means business Ann. Typo forgiven. You were still hungover from the big party.

    You reckon she would wop the men well Jayne.

    I would assume so Ian, and although I am not sure of the party's policy, individually CoPP candidates are against the proposed overdevelopment.

    Rob, it slipped my mind that you have a vote. You would be Carlisle ward I guess.

    Advice noted Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greens for me. It's logical, seeing as they're both anti-Development. Also, the Greens will focus on clearing the tremendous traffic congestion in and about the area...something I'm not so sure about with Griffiths.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea. There's been nothing in the mailbox and I haven't been following the news all that much...

    I usually find out about this sort of thing on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. re "Greens WILL clear the traffic congestion" ...
    if the cost of fuel and scarcity of parking don't clear the congestion, then the greens must really know something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Previously Alma, now Carlisle, Rob.

    Seemed odd to me also Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually, Ann, people are still purchasing vehicles at an alarming rate. Noticed any vacant 4WD dealerships?

    I was actually referring to their 'People Plan' for city transport which is comprehensive to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex Njoo12:22 pm

    Just a point of clarification before the "chattering classes" get too engrossed in their preoccupation about people's appearances etc. (You see, that's what happened when you mature during the Howard years!), The unChain St. Kilda group (aka unChain Port Phillip) is not a single issue group. The Triangle issue is the tip of a corrupted heap of cowdunk that has been growing in the area. We're concerned about the deficit in democracy and complete disregard of commmunity needs and values on the part of the present caretaking town hall lot ( Councillor Klepner being the exception, of course). We need to get rid of the Gang of Four and cleanse, not only the streets but also the City of Port Phillip from its litany of disastrous debacles.
    And, to quote Obama, yes we can!

    Alex Njoo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alex Njoo12:22 pm

    Just a point of clarification before the "chattering classes" get too engrossed in their preoccupation about people's appearances etc. (You see, that's what happened when you mature during the Howard years!), The unChain St. Kilda group (aka unChain Port Phillip) is not a single issue group. The Triangle issue is the tip of a corrupted heap of cowdunk that has been growing in the area. We're concerned about the deficit in democracy and complete disregard of commmunity needs and values on the part of the present caretaking town hall lot ( Councillor Klepner being the exception, of course). We need to get rid of the Gang of Four and cleanse, not only the streets but also the City of Port Phillip from its litany of disastrous debacles.
    And, to quote Obama, yes we can!

    Alex Njoo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Alex. I know that every person who commented takes their politics seriously, as do I. But my blog is not a serious political blog, hence the light hearted approach to the subject and that is the way the others responded. I like what you had to say about the bigger picture though and I would be especially pleased to see CoPP rid of duplicitous Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:05 am

    Andrew, I would think carefully about voting for a campaign run by a Liberal Party member (like Unchain) if you are looking for a left option.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wasn't aware of that Anon, however, I have voted already, for the same party I always do.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.