Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Updates

1/ Your nice thoughts come through telepathically, so no need to say anything, but it would seem we won't be buying my stepfather a weather bureau calendar for next year, nor a yearly fishing magazine subscription. I am fairly sure we will be saved the expense of an easter egg and possibly not even have to bother with a christmas present. Hopefully sister can announce a new sis or bro for Little Jo to give us some cheer.

I have just found out that the Brighton Antique Dealer's last husband died of colangiocarcinoma too. She gave me some tips and what to expect. It ain't gonna be pretty.

2/ The brother friends have been evacuated from the Bangkok airport to a hotel. The one I spoke to sounded quite stressed and said they had experienced a hairy time. Drama queen. Someone, who knows, is paying for the first night. Must be time to bring on a coup.

Of course they don't know how aware of the situation we are. So as well as a reassurance call, he asked that we call their places of work to inform them that they won't be there.

8 comments:

  1. My telepathy isn't that spectacular, so you can have my kind thoughts this way, Thanks to the wonders of the internet you'll get strangers who'd have never known you suddenly taking an interest - consider it a blessing amongst all this rampant technology. I hope that things aren't too difficult for your stepfather and that he can remain strong. The love and support of his family will help an awful lot with that of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that news about your step-dad, Andrew. Here's hoping Little Jo does have a bro or sis on the way to give you all some cheer at this sad time.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kezza and Jayne. I probably won't say too much more about it unless I feel a need to destress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending telepathic thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Telepathy attempted from here UpNorth too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Daisy and Jackie. Btw Jackie, did you catch this post. http://highriser.blogspot.com/2008/11/nephew-update.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. love and peace and good wishes always from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey bois, that's Balwyn calling. Ta Ann.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.