Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Dripping with excitement

I can't wait until I wake tomorrow morning and hear that, once again, a rich man as won the US Presidential election. Whether it is a hot looking black man or an old white one, probably won't make a huge difference to American lives.....except for this, and it depends on Obama winning and him behaving as he has seemed to indicate he will.

The decent people of the United States of America, that is the non god fearing types who don't always have their hand on their heart, will once again be able to hold their heads high among their fellow human beings around the world. No longer will you as a citizen of the USA have to humbly apologise for your leader and quickly indicate that you did not vote for him. You will no longer have to stick a maple leaf sticker on your backpack when travelling overseas.

The English might stop sneering, the French may not be so rude to you, the Germans will lower their voices, the Japanese may bow a little lower and the Chinese.........ah well, nothing will change there.

As for us in Australia? Well, we have made our own mistakes in the past along similar lines, so we understand. It is said that Australians are friendly. Expect a bit more friendliness and a lot more respect.

Now will it take weeks, months or years for disillusionment to set in?

10 comments:

  1. The chaser reckon (and I agree) that the repugs will cook up some untruthful scare campaign and do the dirty - let the Xavier kids run wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bit optimistic regarding the French there Andrew.

    From what I can tell the reputation of Australians overseas is slowly deteriorating as more and more dickheads travel abroad screaming out "AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OI! OI! OI!" - Jafa's.

    That chant has made me cringe ever since I was a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall stick to my mill pond and venture no farther into the world lest I scare the 2 legged dominate species.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...it depends on Obama winning and him behaving as he has seemed to indicate he will."

    Hahahaha...thanks Andrew...I haven't had such a good laugh in years. Me...an old cynic? Never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't dare watch the coverage, I'm so nervous about the results. I think either way I'll have concerns, but one would be so much worse than the other I don't dare even think about the possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If McCain did happen to win Reuben, I think the whole election was be thoroughly discredited.

    Jayne, it is odd how we become involved in other countries politics to a degree never seen before. But you just stay right where you are.

    It is the only consistent we can believe in Brian.

    Sadly Jackie, we just can't avoid it. Blanket coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chant doesn't worry me at sporting events TDW, but I do dislike seeing the ugly Australian overseas. Mind you, we never saw any on our last trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew, fortunately the bastard didn't.

    Can you hear the sounds of conservative brains popping?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe here some guns popping in the direction of GWB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be his nostrils flip-flapping together.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.