Monday, October 20, 2008

Out and about in St Kilda #9

I have posted this picture before, back in 2005, but it is well worth reposting. He is called Rain Man and sits in the lake in St Kilda Botanic Gardens or Blessington Street Gardens, if you like. The pump is solar powered and I would assume it does not work if it is overcast.

It was a bright sunny day when I was there, so the water was flowing full stream.

Bear in mind, this photo is over three years old, so who knows what the present status of Rain Man in our water starved land. Anyone know if he is still there and working?

7 comments:

  1. I'm feeling drowsy too, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Reuben? Please explain. Is it an unworthy post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really...but drowsiness was embedded in the subtext.

    Not your best post though...but I'm sure you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I like him, can I take him home and pop him in the back garden?
    He's great, I must look for him when I venture down that way again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous fountain! Update us if you get back that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Reuben, you don't like my Rain Man.

    If he goes missing Jayne.......

    Agreed Daisy. Well if not me, then maybe Jayne will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No no...I don't like him. I loath him. He's perverted...and lacks empathy.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.