Friday, September 12, 2008

Can't Choose Your Rels or What's in a Name

There is some sort of joke coming from the US. No one is telling us Aussies that it is a joke though.

Sarah Palin is beating the war drums with Russia as her target. She might be able to shoot a moose, but I think she is pretty naive if she thinks the Russain bear will be so easy and it is not such a good idea to poke at a Russian bear. She goes from not ever meeting the leader of another country to thinking about declaring war on Russia!!!

Have you heard what the names of Sarah Palin's children are? Try Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig. How cruel can parents be! Note Age letter writer, the name is Bristol not Dulux.

Sarah Palin's prospective son in law is called Levi. He looks like a good clean cut lad in photos.......well, maybe not.

From he who is about to be welcomed into the Palin family, his Myspace page.

"f---in redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes, but "I don't want kids",

"I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- -- and just f---in' chillin' I guess,"

"Ya f--- with me I'll kick [your] ass."

Be afraid America, be very afraid.

I suppose the difference between Australia and America is that people in the country in Australia and not so different to people in the city, but in the US, they seem miles apart. This can be the only explanation for the difference between people I know from the US and people who would vote for McCain and Palin.

10 comments:

  1. Sarah Pallin is a bastard. This is merely keeping within the parameters of her identity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how they're making a fuss of her international experience because 'alaska and russia aren't that far apart'. Riiight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palin the Impaler of good taste and commonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your opinion is clear Reuben.

    I laughed at that too MD, until I heard her mention war with Russia.

    Palin the Impaler...very good Jayne.

    No idea about what Daisy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that she supports the "Abstinence" program and Bristol is so up the duff. Very good parenting there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vast difference between city and country people here. It's really quite unbelievable, even to me, and I live here.

    (Oh, and I am fearful, truth be told. It's going to be a big old mess.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking of adding that in Jahteh, but I ran out of energy. Pretty ironical isn't it.

    Don't worry Daisy. I being your senior have learnt that whoever is elected, the world does not end. Your Barak bloke looks like a winner, and at least he can talk proper, if only he could sound a little less patronising towards the hunting and fishing folk. If he can get black people out to vote, he will be a win hands down.

    Over the last couple of decades, power has been stripped from the states in Australia, but they are still a strong force in the US.

    Towns like Lan*aster (that won't come up in any work mates search)will always go on and be fine. Could you write a post about the community spirit of Lan*aster? While I am sure you take your town for granted, I think it is quite a nice town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that the twang on duelling banjos?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could be Ben. I believe we are having pork for dinner tonight too.

    ReplyDelete