Thursday, August 21, 2008

What did you do wrong? 27/01/08

I will go to my grave thinking of this and so I ought to. I really need to be punished for this.

Deliberate or accidental, I cannot remember, but I think deliberate.

I rode my bike over a blue tongue lizard. Blue tongue lizards are marvellous critters. We had a pet one that lived under a tank when we were kids. It used to pop up to say hello to us every evening when we were sent off to collect a billy of milk.

So why when I saw one on the road, did I feel the need to ride my cycle over it and make its guts bulge out of its side?

I have never had any doubt that I will go to hell when I die, for that I deserve to.

4 comments:

  1. If you did it recently, you're probably going to hell. If it was when you were a kid, you're most likely forgiven by now.

    You didn't do it yesterday, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you know me well enough to know the answer Daisy. Yes, when I was a kid. Pretty horrid though, all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I knew.

    Out of curiosity, would that be worse than my holding the magnifying glass over the ants in the sun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The intent was the same Daisy, but my childhood crime was worse.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.