Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Street View

The internet abounded today with news of Street View. After hearing about it, I googled it, to no avail. It was only when I opened google maps for another reason, I saw it was there and waiting. I am liking this! I will play with it for at least half an hour before becoming bored and never going back to it.........actually, it could have a practical application for something I am involved in. But that would mean more time at the pc and not getting out and about.

With some expectation of a net savvy killing against R, I called him to the pc to show him the front of our building.

Too late. I can't believe it. This morning he checked google maps to see where his course is happening on Friday morning, and clicked on the street view link and saw the front door of the premises.

9 comments:

  1. Bwah ha ha.

    R - 1,
    HR - 0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitch. I did not even know that R knew about google maps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea what Street View is, Andrew...but I went to Google maps anyway, clicked on 'More' when it was over my house and came up with this:

    http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3070854

    See what you missed when you didn't leave the cafe table at the tram terminus to have a proper look round the corner? And not a tree in sight to spoil the view...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the old Tup's Hill Pavillion. What is the url on the building? It looks like umoquack.co.uk ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure what that URL reads. Somebody slung a couple of banners from the balcony last year, advertising Union Jacks or something. I strongly suspect the website's gone bust by now...we're not big on flag waving and patriotism in Blighty. That's tourist stuff.

    "Ah, the old Tup's Hill Pavillion."

    My God...you actually do read the bollocks I put on my site. I'm impressed. I can't even be bothered reading it myself. I just post it and then head down the pub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What else does that rascal know that he's not telling you?

    (Uh-oh.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It didn't take long to find out what it was and you may flatter yourself in that I do read your blog in detail, however, I remember little of what I read. I thought it might have actually been an old observatory.

    Daisy, if I did not know you better, I would say you were having a trans Atlantic flirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks more like a puncture Dalek to me, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dalek Caan perhaps, Brian?

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.