Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I refuse

Busy day, so a quickie.

I will not look up the word degustation in the dictionary, not that my old one would have it, or would it? Nor will I search on the net to find the meaning. I will not visit a place where degustation happens either. I have no wish to know what it is and it is a horribly ugly word and too close to disgusting anyway.

Ok, I know it food or wine related, but I have survived for forty years and done all sorts of kinky things but I have never degustated, to my knowledge, and I have no intention of starting,........unless it was that night at.........nah.

But I am a tolerant person and you can do all the degustation you want. Just don't include me in it.

9 comments:

  1. To eat Fish or not to eat Fish. That is the question, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it means small portions of many and various dishes, like yum cha, which sounds much nicer - yum yum.

    Bwcas always slip away before l'addition arrives though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Degustation seems to me an excuse to overcharge patrons for a meal comprising tiny portions served too slowly.

    After you have completed the degustation you then have to go home or to another restaurant for a meal to address your hunger.

    (Yes, I am an uncouth oaf.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:27 am

    It's great when you don't know what to choose from a menu because it allows you to sample everything.

    I agree that it is a very unappealing word though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just have to look at it sideways.
    I could turn up with an assortment of luscious bois to be served to you over a period of time for your delight.
    Bet the word doesn't look nasty now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fish Reuben? I eat that.

    It didn't want to know Ann. :-P

    We are old enough to remember Nouvelle Cuisine too Victor.

    I might actually like it Anon. I am a picker.

    I am old Jahteh. I couldn't cope with more than three.

    ReplyDelete
  7. don be silleh ... degustation is where you catch degus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noice one Bwca.

    CameraFace, dear, they're to serve you not the other way round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have some medication somewhere to treat degus.

    They can serve me Jahteh, but I will very active molesting them.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.