Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Bank Chiefs

I kind of lent a friend money. My friend was very decent and respectable. He lent the money to another friend, who was also decent and respectable but lived a long way away.

This extended friend lent money to someone who was not very respectable. This non respectable distant friend lent the money to people who could not pay it back.

So my extended friend could not pay back my friend, and my friend could not pay me back.

Instead of giving my friend a hard time for not paying me back, I will just give him a heap of money to get out of my face, as he has proved himself to be an unworthy friend. But I should really ask him for the money back and some extra for my trouble. My friend should have kept tabs on where, what was actually my money, was going.

But I also feel sorry for the people who the non respectable person lent money too. They suffer too, somewhat more than me. They are poor and ended up to be a victim of circumstances.

11 comments:

  1. "Neither a lender nor a borrower be." Hamlet.
    By the way, you couldn't lend us a fiver could y'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dreaded R word has made it's way into the media of late but they're shying away from the most feared D word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absurd, you're owed the money by the person you handed it to, not by someone else, for goodness sake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're listening to stories.


    WAKE UP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never lend out money...not least because I myself am quite poor (most students are). I also am very careful where I spend my money...avoiding all forms of financial mismanagement (eg never gambling or spend money on cars).

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a very reasonable 20% Brian.

    If it happens Jayne, it might get rid of a bit of the materialism in Australia.

    Yep Robert, but I cannot get money that is not there. I paid to get rid of my friend because he was untrustworthy.

    So you are not like a bank then Reuben.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm much more careful with money these days. It's the 1st of August and I still have my birthday money from July 31.

    I would rather give money than lend it but since I don't have any them's cheap words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in that I have little people lined up behind counters in my person.
    I also sport a silly question: "Witch bank?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. NAB wasn't it, who sacked the boss last week. Are you talking about the witch who made the comment above you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. no good deed goes unpunished.

    sorry to hear you lost a friend and the cash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure how many got this post. The 'friend' is a local bank (CEO). His overseas friend is a US bank. Overseas friend's unreliable friends are the US mortgage companies.

    Perhaps I should explain better next time.

    ReplyDelete