Thursday, May 15, 2008

Uninflated Balloon

R bought us a balloon flight for my significant birthday last year, like October. How slack to have not have done it yet. There were always so many reasons why not. I did try to book many times in the last few months, but the bookings are heavy. It is so hard when you are a shift worker. We had booked for tomorrow, Friday, but the flight has been cancelled due to the weather. We can't fit it in now before going o/s so it will have to wait until we return. Something to look forward to, but I was very mentally prepared to walk to the Langham Hotel at Southbank tomorrow at six in the morning and then being transported to the launch site, and then the slap up breakfast following, back at the Langham Hotel. As Dame M would say with her exquisite way of saying it, bugger.

8 comments:

  1. Uni-flated? Does that mean each individual section can be pumped up and deflated at will. Sounds like Pamela Anderson's tits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will now correct it Brian and people will wonder what you are on about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.
    I'll start waving to the balloons after July as they sail wildly over my humble abode and I promise no rude gestures or full moons :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:01 am

    "for my significant birthday last year"

    So you will be 61 this year then Andrew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayne, just rebooked for late September, so save your arms until then.

    Half that Anon :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear how it goes (when it finally happens). On the odd occasion I'm in at work early I like to watch the balloons float over the city. Looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They always look so peaceful MD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Balloons...they're great, but can be very egotistic when not inflated. Trust me, I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete