Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Music of my Yoof #13

Just when you thought it was safe, I am returning with a Music of my Yoof post.

I believe this was a Beatles song but the Australian band Zoot covered it and did a so much better in my opinion, and some others. Whether Rick Springfield was a member then, I am not sure (correction, I think I see him in the clip).

See, Rage is not just for when you out of it late at night. Hope you enjoy hearing it again Lad, Robert and other fans. Hmmm, the vid does look very ghey!

Speaking of music of my yoof, yesterday on ABC Melbourne, I heard a track by an old British band, Sweet. One album of theirs had a very homoerotic cover. While I remember Ballroom Blitz well, the start surprised me for a moment, Are you ready Andy? Are you ready Steve?

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 pm

    I'm a huge Rick fan, and yes, that is him in the video (on the left playing guitar in that lovely white outfit...haha). Rick actually came up with the music arrangement for this cover. I think it pretty much rocks! I love Sweet too! Fox on The Run and Love Is Like Oxygen are classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not the same Rick Springfield that was kicking around in smalltown USA at that time?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving your age away Anon :)

    Would seem so TVAU.

    I pleased Robert. Astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:18 pm

    Andrew...I guess I am giving my age away a little but I think I will always love the 70s and 80s pop/rock the best....and probably never truly grow up. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always surprises me how much younger people like seventies and eighties music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:57 pm

    'Always surprises me how much younger people like seventies and eighties music.'

    Cause all they get dished up is rehashes of the original hits...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:43 pm

    This isn't a bad rendition but I still prefer the Beatles' version.

    Sweet was great - I loved them. 70's music rocks! Vik.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is actually a bit flatter and lower tempo than what you'll hear on the record. But it's still good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well....I'll play it one more time, then I'm off down the street.

    ciao.

    ROBBBERT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is not so often that a newer version of a song is better Anon, but in this case, I reckon so.

    Dunno Vik, there didn't seem to be the energy or passion in The Beatles version.

    It seemed a bit different to how I remembered it Robert, your reason must be why.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.