Friday, April 18, 2008

A bit on the side


I am posting this full size, sorry dial up folk. It is a gorgeous ad, now removed, on the side of our new 'local', the Palmerston Hotel in Kingsway. I only had my phone camera.

The pub has plain, cheap but good meals and nice staff. Anyone we have asked to go there with us wants to go back and some have already. If you are tempted, don't take a table near the men's toilet. You get a whiff of deodorant when the door opens, and don't sit at a table near the end of the bar. The floor moves too much. Minor quibbles. I like the place.

The caption on the picture says, 'Where a bit on the side mean cream. South Melbourne Market'.

9 comments:

  1. The palmie parma is to die for. It is our workplace's local. Well worth the 7-10 minute walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the parma claim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Where a bit on the side means cream."

    If I was a vulgarian I'd probably add the word 'pie' to that sentence. Good job I'm not a vulgarian then, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is popular with office workers after work too Hawkeye.

    I am not a great fan of parmas BC. They are absolutely huge though.

    Have you been looking at creampie.com Brian?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to look at that image there when next I pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. T'is gone Cazzie. It was many ads ago. They seem to be changed once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No...anything with cream in it is bad for me since my gallbladder exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We tried to get into the Palmerston once on Saturday night and it was closed for some reason! there's a good Indian place around the corner on Park Street too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it is closed Sundays but I am surprised that it would be on a Saturday night. We are yet to try the Indian place. Is it Curry Club? Love the nick btw.

    ReplyDelete