Wednesday, March 05, 2008

MG

MG in Sydney stands for Mardi Gras, not Morris Garage or Motor Guzzi or whatever. I received an email from my Sydney friend with a quick summary of the MG party. I wish I had saved it, but here is as I recall but with my punctuation, rather than his lack of.

Newton John came on at 4am. I thought it was her mother coming on to introduce her. She sang some song called Sandoo (I think that would have been Xanadu my dear) from a crappy eighties movie, probably Grease or something like that. (I think my friend was being a little too disingenuous here).

They had no lasers in the main hall and it was a bore. Not going next year.

I would guess that his drugs didn't work very well, no one bought him drinks all night and he did not score.

6 comments:

  1. I'm surprised at her age that she's capable of coming on at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ever been Keshi?

    At 4am no less Brian. I reckon she used jet lag from when she arrived to her advantage. I believe Cindy Lauper went down well though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor bugger hey..thats too bad he didnt enjoy Olivia's singing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never worry about him Cazzie. But I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew,

    I suspect the phrase 'coming on' should have been in that UK Vocab list, so the particularly tasteless joke above back fired on me a bit. Serves me right for leaving comments before I've had my second mug of coffee.

    ReplyDelete