Monday, February 11, 2008

TV Alert

I reckon Mary Hardy was fabulous. I have written about her a few times in the past. Mentally frail, not exactly stunning looks, funny, quick witted, vulgar, great aunt of The Age's Green Guide columnist Marieke Hardy and sister of infamous communist and author Frank Hardy.

We were deprived of her talents when she ended her own life, but in tv footage, she lives on. Tomorrow night on ABC1 she is featured in Artscape at 10pm. I won't be missing it.

Previous mentions on my blog of Mary Hardy in reverse order. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

3 comments:

  1. She was f*&^$ing fantastic ! I can remember throwing tantrums if I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch her - didn't give a stuff about the show, it was Mary!
    We'll be watching with bells on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've said before that I used to work at 3UZ and she was funny just to talk to where some are just performers who switch it on and off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ever level Jayne throwing a tantrum? Cannot imagine it.

    Indeed Jah Teh. Did you learn your rapier wit from her?

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.