Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Email jokes

Do you have friends who send you lots of jokes via the email system? We do. Occasionally I will send them on to other people who send me jokes, but really I find them a bit of a bore. They are all variations on what I have heard or seen before. I can safely say this, as the only friend who reads this, does not send us jokes. It is to her credit, although I have sent her the odd one.

But jokes aside, there are more important things in life, like the death of this chappie. Here is a cut from his obituary.

Larry LaPrise Dead at 93

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment,
it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokie Pokey" died peacefully at
the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.

8 comments:

  1. haha...
    I laughed at this for quite a while. I have a massive soft spot for cheesy jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mental picture hey Jiminy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh Andrew. Love the lead up. Smiling at the computer is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny enough to have the daily dose of G'n'T, Metamucil, gripe water and castor oil spurting out me nose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis good to have a laugh in front of what normally is such a terribly serious machine LiD.

    Old age is a wonderful thing M'lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blahahhaha, I must remember this one..I am shocking at remembering jokes Andrew, but this one will just kill all my colleagues at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this mean I'm not allowed to send you a fairy e-card for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best not to tell your patients then Cazzie.

    Like I ever tell the truth about birthdays Jah Teh? Why do I get so many best wishes on 01/01 every year.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.