Saturday, December 15, 2007

Selling the message

Did my ears deceive me? Did I hear a Liberal Party politician, when asked why he thought the Liberals were soundly defeated in our recent Federal election, reply "We did not sell our message well enough. People did not understand our policies."

Oh, I understood the Liberal Party policies very well and I think many did.

They just don't get it do they? While they continue to think that selling their message properly is the solution to their electoral woes, then they may well be in opposition for a very long time.

4 comments:

  1. That sort of plaintive cry is up there with Kamhal's "Why are people so unkind to me?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite amusing, actually, that the Liberal party are saying this. They are so sanctamonious and arrogant, yet refuse to concede their election-campaign defeats.

    If you ask me, it was the focus on the economy that did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And...I know I ought not begin a sentence with the word and..but in this case, I shall....AND....asll the money they wasted marketing their campaign that no one seemed, in their eyes, to UNDERSTAND...could have been better spent elsewhere. Come to any hospital and ask to show the equipment that needs upgrading...DO the work politicians, show the results and THEN people will SEE the good and maybe even vote you in! Gah, lol, end of rant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are not stupid Lord S. They know deep down that they are evil.

    Since they are not in power federally, state or territory Sureglossy, one would think they ought to be less arrogant.

    Love you work Cazzie.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.