Monday, December 10, 2007

Jimmy Watsons

As mentioned last Friday, R attended Jimmy Watsons for his work christmas party. It was so bad he is refusing to go to future work christmas parties.

Arrive 7.30 and in an upstairs room.
Food order taken at after 9.
Everyone quite drunk by this time, including R who became very entertaining.
A bit more drunk by the time meals arrived near 10.
Entree $20 and lousy and second choice after first choice was not longer available.
Main $30 and lousy also.
Complimentary bottles of champers arrive as compensation. All get even more drunk.
A nominated driver dropped R home. R sick all day Saturday.

And I had a mental image of Jimmy Watsons as being a classy little wine bar.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living is detail11:39 am

    Firstly, I have to agree with R.H.

    Poor R. That sounds abysmal.Jimmy Watsons is an institution in Carlton so you would expect it to be a lot better then that. I have never eaten more than antipasto there so I can't comment on the food. I hate it when I am at any function that is tucked away upstairs. It often means that you are forgotten unless the restaurant is very well run. Out of sight, out of mind.


    LiD

    ReplyDelete
  3. RH and LiD, I do like the idea of someone reading it in a hundred years, but it is one of many.

    So agree LiD about the 'function room' upstairs. I hate them. Not so bad if you have a waiter allocated though, as we did once at KL Cafe in Acland Street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry R had such a bad night, but I'm sure you looked after him the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you say Jo? Course not. I went to work. Much safer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever happens sounds ominous RH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A poet and I did not know it RH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Give up. Who is Tom?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete