Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Score Nix for Nix?

So disrespectful. Police Commissioner in the state of Victoria, Christine Nixon. Good lass or bad?

Should she be sacked because she is incompetent and has presided over corruption within the police force?

Or has she changed the culture within the police force and gnawed away bad areas within the force and finally has a few top chappies nailed.

I think there has been a culture change, and it has been a good thing, although perhaps not for bringing criminals to justice and I don't necessarily mean before the courts. Any cop who now wants to deal out some summary justice would need to look very carefully over his or her shoulder. Be afraid bad cop, be very afraid, or just get smarter.

Never liked that Ashby bloke who resigned in disgrace. Bad hair. Reminded me of Kennett's puppy dog Commissioner Comrie. I reckon some stuff will come out about Comrie one day.

Now Paul 'Fish' Mullet of the Police Association is rapidly being pushed into a position whereby it won't be tenable for him to continue. I don't think many would have any sympathy for his bully boy style and most would be pleased to see the dinosaur disappear.

The jury, so to speak, is still out on Nixon, but I would err on the side that she has done well. I think she could now retire with some closure, completion and satisfaction.

16 comments:

  1. What was that line from "The Godfather"?

    Oh yes. "He sleeps with the fishes."

    I trust you can place your hand on our heart and truthfully say, "I never had piscatorial relations with that man."

    :0)

    The copper's union's version of Norm Gallagher, but at least Norm did have some knockabout charm about him ... not much, but bucket loads more than this bully and thug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nixon gives me the shits. Fuck her. Be glad to see her go.

    There's nothing specific about why I don't like her. I just don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a marvellous set of mammaries Andy. Enough to suffocate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. M'lord, re Gallagher and I guess Mullet, I bet they have there favourites or even ordinary members who they would help to the end of the earth, but if you got them offside... There may be some residual fondness of bloke like Norm, but they are now of the past. Modern unions are made of educated and media savvy people who go through the correct processes and not a whiff of corruption. Well, if there is, it is better hidden. But yeah, I liked Norm. How he drove Tory govs and big business so mad. Now where was his holiday house? I am sure it was in area I know well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "She has a marvellous set of mammaries ... Enough to suffocate ..."

    In the current climate is it OK for me to say, "Me too. Me too!" ?

    Thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norm's holiday house. Portsea? No, that was Holt's bolt hole.

    Sure it was a bit coastalish though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not Venus Bay where Kath Pettingal has a house, and also a friend does too. It was South Gippsland, maybe Mann's Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe he was a neighbour of Kath Pettingill at Venus Bay. Now that would have been a a morning tea at which to be a fly on the wall!

    (Spooky while I was posting this, you were posting the above. We're both too old for own good!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed. Spicks and Specs on now so no more simultaneous connections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too. (Again!) Will be watching to seehear if I can understand James Reyne without subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know - I'm all for Nixon. I think she's acted in her best faith, but she did always hate Mullet - and given that she's presided over such matters... my respect has somewhat eroded.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cops are very hard and very smart guys Rosanna. It would not be easy to nab them. I reckon Nixon has nerves of steel and a backbone to match. One can only imagine how undermining has been attempted on her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nixon might have been surprised to find out she's a "fat moll".

    Thank heavens for the OPI.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet she is not surprised RH. I am sure she has heard it all before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. .. and I' sure she can take it on the chin. Or the vast expanses there below. (Cues Copperwitch)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maybe she's heard it all before, but from who, her assistant commissioner? You might accept that someone doesn't like you, but the extent can be a surprise.

    ReplyDelete