Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Lugsury

My brother, the younger brother next in line, the one with an ABI, here after referred to as the Pakenham brother, gave me an Angus and Robertson book voucher for my birthday. I will spend it this Thursday. It is for $50!!!! R said I could buy two books. I thought I might get one expensive one and have to add a few $$$ to it.

I don't have anything specific in mind. I just looked at A & R website and put Melbourne into the search and wow, do they have a lot of books.

What a brill gift. I will have no angst over spending money on a pleasure. Usually I would feel guilt.

8 comments:

  1. Oddly, I feel guilty spending money on everything except books. Probably explains my overflowing bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why gift certificates are so good...you have to spend them on books or clothes or something nice for yourself. Can't pay the gas bill with them. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be like that Daisy Jo, but computer has somewhat, not entirely, replaced books.

    Precisely LiD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spend the book voucher wisely on really good stuff that will age gracefully (if you keep it away from the silverfish) me ole Cameraface.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A worthy suggestion perhaps M'lord, but can you assure me that there is no self interest?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot go past a book shop. and indeed, I went into my Collins Bookstore the other day. I only bought a card for a wedding, and then I had to run out the shop, lest I buy something for me!! Guilt, yes, I feel that too. Only, soon it is my birthday and I shall buy me a new Bryce Courtenay book. He seems to release a new one around my birthday each year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtenay is a good read for sure Cazzie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only thing better than a book voucher is a Gold Class pass with a food voucher.

    ReplyDelete