Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mattresses


Unkind people have called me Mattress on occasion. Fortunately I am a bit dim and have no idea what they are talking about.

We have a collection of mattresses at our car park gate. The council contractors have collected them already just in case you thought of pilfering one. It is less that six months since our last hard rubbish collection is this is the accumulation of unwanted mattresses over that period. I doubt any are worn out, just not wanted when someone moves. Such is our disposable society.

Ah, looking at mattresses makes me sleepy. Excuse me.

12 comments:

  1. Mattresses! Shit! Why didn't you yell out, I know illegal brothels who'd send their pimps around to collect them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it means to be called a mattress either. Let me know if you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do move in high class circles RH.

    You are jesting Daisy Jo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. You bet. I've come up in the world alright, quite a jump from mixing with estate agents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. r.h, making me laugh hard here!!
    Mattress..lemme see, mattress' just lay there and do nothing, could that be it? Nah, I would NOT believe that would be you..not for a second.
    Hell, around here, those items would have been collected THAT NIGHT by some1 with a trailor..before the council gets their mitts on it!! Yukk, I would never ever use aomeone elses mattress...less I knew them well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. unrelated - but if you're wondering, it was me who sent you the 'movember' email

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly is a step up in my opinion RH.

    Same here Cazzie. Unless I know them.

    Got it Kiki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, no.

    Think I got it from Cazzie's comment though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My reputation is undeserved Daisy Jo. It just what cruel friends say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cripes CameraFace it's a wonder His Lordship wasn't straight on to that 'mattress' comment.
    It must be that you're high, wide but comfortable not to mention fun to bounce on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the latter is closest to the meaning Jahteh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mattress issues? Council issues.

    ReplyDelete