Sunday, September 23, 2007

Gen X lie

It must be around twenty years plus since I first heard the term Generation X. The time period is now clearly defined but it was not originally. I thought I was perhaps borderline Gen X, on the cusp so to speak, tenuously, pretty close, near enough.

I told R I was Gen X and he believed me and has for many many years.

But the internet is not always your friend. Today R looked up the year I was born and discovered that I am a baby boomer and not even close to being Gen X.

The shame I feel is beyond comprehension. Pass me a self sharpening Wiltshire from its scabbard.

12 comments:

  1. Don't feel shame Andrew, you are who you are and that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really Cazzie. Not too badly adjusted to my age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you couldn't be classified Generation X!

    More Generation R18+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the baby boomer period is a long one though isn't it? I mean we're talking almost 20 years after the end of WW2 and what people were still going forth and multiplying because of the bloodshed and sadness of war??

    I think I just scrape in as Gen X. Is R Gen X?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said the same thing about myself, but like you, I think I'm right on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. R is certainly not Gen X Who Me. I liked older men when I was younger. I did not realise I would like younger men when I was older. I made me bed. I guess you are Gen X.

    Daisy Jo, I think you are a little closer to the edge than I am..........just a little mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're gay and lied about your age, Andrew I'm shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may fess up about my age mid October Jahteh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did not realise you'd like younger men when you were older? You've made ya bed! Poor, poor R ;(

    ReplyDelete
  10. And Who Me, he liked younger men when he was younger........and now when he and I are is older, he still does. He made his bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fell instantly insanely in love with a rosy cheeked blond boy on the No.8 tram one time.

    He was frighteningly beautiful and clearly 20 years younger than self.

    I felt so Oscar Wilde.

    signed 'Anonymous old woman'

    ReplyDelete
  12. A friend fell in love with a Wesley boy on a St Kilda Road tram many years ago. He described his beautiful eyes and long dark lashes. Mark Phillipoussis.

    ReplyDelete