Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fleeting Fame

Fame is such a fleeting moment. My blog is already electronic fish and chip newspaper wrapper. I am not sure what I wrote in the past that impressed someone, but what I have written and will write after 20th September is unworthy.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

High riser [blog] was selected for preservation by the State Library of Victoria. This title is not scheduled for re-archiving. The publisher's site may provide more current information.


Archived 20 Sep 2007 00:00

3 comments:

  1. Do you think that's how it works? I know it says that your blog isn't scheduled for re-archiving, but I noticed that Ampers and Duck was archived on the same dates, in May from memory, 2006 & 2007.

    So maybe prior to 20 September 2008, they will check to see if you are still 'worthy' hehe, and then archive another year of your works?

    Personally - I think blogs like yours are ideal for archiving. Your blog is well written ('cept for those bloody spelling misteaks ;) with a good mix of personal and current affairs and basically stuff that encourages discussion and social comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:36 pm

    Teh heh - at least we can all piggyback on your fame and be archived as well!

    I realised that I DID sign up for blogspot when I created my LJ last year - just registered the name, actually - but I can't remember the password.

    Must investigate further.

    Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right Who Me. I am just playing the meek and unworthy card. Correct my spelling misteaks as much as you like. I don't make many in error.

    I understand I am archived because I live in a high rise, which is not well documented already, my 'alternative' lifestyle and my political comments. Not sure about the last. Others do it much better.

    You should Walker. Some people won't take to trouble to follow up a lead but will be happy to just click on a link.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.