Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bali Memorial Fountain Update

Last year the Bali Memorial Fountain in Carlton was switched off as a water conserving measure. Late July or early August, workmen came and tastefully boarded it over. Mid August City of Melbourne decided to reinstate the fountain. I mentioned at the time what a waste of money. Board it over a couple of weeks before it was to be reinstated.

Today I noticed the timber has been removed and the concrete walls are stained from the timber. City of Melbourne has so many hands jerking so many things that they can't keep track.

2 comments:

  1. What I'd like to see is a memorial erected to remember the executed skaters caught ruining that monument. Hell, I'd even pay for the bullets.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.