Thursday, July 12, 2007

TV Gems

Steam comes out of my ears as I try to watch SBS and ads come on. When I first started using the net in the mid nineties and I was looking for the SBS tv website, I tried .org and .net but instead it is just sbs.com.au I thought having .com was odd, but it has come to pass that it was quite appropriate.

To be be fair, they still come up with some great programs. Kick is a ripper half hour show and set in Melbourne's very interesting inner northern suburbs.

The Circuit is a moving and educational drama set in outback Australia. First class tv, and a very powerful performance by Aaron Pedersen. It will be a 'not to miss' show for me if the standard continues.

8 comments:

  1. I don't really watch much tv but I have often found interesting shows on sbs. In sydney there is a channel called tvs, I think it's an amature tv station, anyone that's willing to pay the money can air just about anything. I've seen some interesting doco's and some really strange interesting stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it is like our Ch31 community tv Jo. Weird, interesting a boring. I catch the occasional show on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Circuit is brilliant - do you watch Big Love? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting used to the ads but it was a bit disconcerting for a while. I kept thinking they were part of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not caught it Rosanna. Will check it out.

    They give you are chance to head for the kitchen Jahteh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very amusing. About a mormon family, with several wives. Trouble ensues

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like SBS anyways...it has better programs compared to channel 10's BB!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes Rosanna. I have heard of it.

    ReplyDelete