Monday, July 16, 2007

See the Doc

My Doctor was busy today. Booked out. If I insisted I expect he would see me, but as I only wanted a sick certificate for work I was ok about seeing another. I did not like him.

My last visit to Dr was a prescription for extra blood pressure medication. Since I am here, I will ask this chap to check my BP. Good he said and told me the reading. You need to cut salt out of your diet. I have never added salt to any food and I don't add it to any food and nor does R.

You need to do more exercise. I do plenty of exercise except when I am dying from a cold.

Would you like some Ventolin to help your breathing? It might make you a bit jittery. Jittery or shaky is my name, but no, I don't want Ventolin. I don't have asthma.

His conclusion of the consultation had me confused. Am I being dismissed now? Is it finished?

Then the stupid queen at the desk pressed the credit button on the bank keypad machine rather that the savings button. I insisted it did not matter, but later I realised it did a bit.

I really need to see my own doctor in the future. There were good reasons why this chap had free time on hands.

4 comments:

  1. every doc says 'u need plent of exercise' blah blah blah. I dun go to the docs anymore.

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my mother's inherent trust of doctors. Experience has made me a little more sceptical. Trust is crucial in a doctor-patient relationship. Did you get the certificate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a reason they call it "practicing medicine"...in hopes that they'll get it right at some point.

    Feel better, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose I have been lucky Keshi. I have only ever had two doctors, the first died.

    I did indeed Lad, for the two days requested and as a long time patient, I doubt they would ever deny me.

    Much better already Daisy Jo. Amazing what a day off work can do for your health.

    ReplyDelete