Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mineerials

This was the only bit of tourist junk I bought while we were in Broken Hill. I like pretty rocks, in fact I should have an expensive one on my finger, but no one cares to buy me one.

This is el cheapo way of displaying them, on cardboard with plastic wrap over the top. I plan to do something a bit better, like display them on timber with labels maybe. I could add my bit of Hadrian's Wall to it as well, that is before I make my pilgrimage to return it to its rightful place.

Or should I commission the crafty Jahteh to make me a display box with a velvet covering? (Pun intended)

9 comments:

  1. Uhh...I've been meaning to buy you one, but I keep spending the money on food. I'm a selfish girl, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to make a velvet display for your box, working in miniature is what I do best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selfish Daisy Jo. Clearly your stomach is more important than me.

    Well done Mistress of Double Meaning. Which vicious queen taught you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have all but booked our tickets to take the train to Mildura. We have employed a sitter for the time of the wedding reception, but we plan on touring just as you have, on the Sunday, also, quite possibly the Friday too. So we may leave Melb on Thursday and return Monday after the saturday wedding.
    I am going to write down a few things from here. Especially the train museum!
    Pretty rocks, I likey the pink one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a natural talent polished by years of marriage, now thankfully ended, the marriage that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cazzie, don't forget the train museum I wrote about is in Broken Hill. Three hours drive, not bad. Between Mildura and Wentworth, oranges $2 a bag, maybe five kg. I reckon the kids would like to see the lock working. King's billabong walk was good, if it is a nice day.

    You shoulda been a gay man Jahteh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't got the knees for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh... I'd totally steal that off your wall and get post haste to a lapidary club where I'd get them all made into cabochons and beads...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ren, the Galena is the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.