Sunday, June 03, 2007

The waters again

The gorgeous and outrageous Steph made a comment on my water post. I answer it here with a cut and paste of what I started in my reply. (she is a nice girl, but she drinks you know)

I will try to be succinct Steph.

I was on the body corporate committee and R is presently. The committee has a duty I suppose to investigate what may see like not being right and protect the body corporate against overcharging or mysterious matters.

I don't want to pay more than is my obligation.

I have and always will be a botherer of those in authority.

This is my home and I like it very much and want to continue to live here for a long time. My home extends to the building which I also care about.

I have worked a crap job for many many years and I don't have much to show for it. I have had a couple of nice holidays, I have a very old car, I buy cheap clothes and the person I most admire in life is the one who invented the wine cask. Apart for a relatively successful relationship with R, I haven't achieved much in life. It is an emotional thing for me and not sound financial logic. Although our place is worth a lot of money, we have well and truly paid for it many times over to the banks and the government. Sadly, we cannot eat the cement it is made of.

So, I live in a very nice apartment on a very prestigious boulevarde in a nice city and in an ok country. I am not one to gloat, but I do feel some pride.

So that is why I am bothering about water. You set me up for this didn't you Steph. Kiss kiss.

2 comments:

  1. Fair enough sweetcheeks, I wasn't having a go, I was just curious.
    I'm notoriously apathetic you see and I just wonder about those that care so much.

    I'll go back under the house now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different strokes for different folks Steph. I am apathetic about many things also.

    ReplyDelete