Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sad

Bit sad kiddies. A friend's dog was hit by a car and she and her g/f had to put her down. I responded to her sms, but I feel I should do more. Although the friend and I both hate the telephone but love email and sms, I suppose I better telephone her. Tomorrow...or the next day. I won't say a thing about the irresponsibility of having dogs off the leash near a road.

Having seen out four pets, I know what it is like. I cried more at the death of our first dog from old age than I did when my father died. I sent a bereavement card to the ex workmates wife when he died last week, even though she did not care for him much. What is the appropriate thing to do when a pet dies? Pet bereavement cards? Should I start a business?

4 comments:

  1. Generic I'm sorry for your loss card? You may have found a niche there, Andrew.

    I'm not sure if it's appropriate (you know how crass we Americans can be ;P), but the new thing over here is online pet memorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe that would be a supurb idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta Daisy Jo. It is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful what you wish for. A new "day" might get invented so we can reflect on our deceased pets. I'll only agree if it becomes a public holiday though...

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.