Friday, June 15, 2007

Pollies

Well Victorian government minister Thwaites has sullied himself in my eyes. Just another snow loving middle class snout in the trough. Worse, he is my local member.

Prime Minister aspirant Kevin Rudd still doing ok. I recall the first time I heard him on radio as a backbencher talking about some foreign affairs matter. I was so impressed that I asked my ex NT policeman and pollie friend about him. He was a diplomat or something like that, replied my friend. Now I am sure he will go like the rest of them.

Pollie to watch. She is turning into a real head kicker. Every government needs one. Go Penny Wong and guys, hang on to your balls when around her.

Since I don't have to live in our states to far east, NZ, I can just admire New Zealand's Prime Minister from afar. She governs a racially difficult country that does not have much in the way of natural resources, but still seems to be booming.

Does anyone remember the sad ass New Zealand under Piggy Muldoon? David Langy did some marvellous things including standing up the United States over visiting nuclear ships and getting isolated from the ANZUS (Australia New Zealand United States) defence treaty. Langy was very clever and a great wit, but under his leadership, some fairly nasty things happened to your average person. He was of a time and his treasurer carried the can. Thatcherism, Reagenomics, and Rogernomics. A period of conservative government followed where this was reinforced. Then came Helen Clark(not a dyke), the present PM of NZ.

We in the western NZ states don't hear a lot from her but every time I do, I can't help but be impressed. Small countries need pride and with this woman at the helm if I was a NZder, I would feel some pride with such a down to earth and call a shit shovel a shit shovel type person. Oh to be a fly on the wall when she meets with our PM Howard. I am sure they hate each other.

So NZers, from an outsider's perspective, she should make you feel proud.

Here are a couple of excerpts from our ABC's 7.30 Report.

KERRY O'BRIEN: Since taking control of Fiji in a coup last December, self appointed Prime Minister Commodore Bainimarama has been under pressure to restore democracy.

In a surprise move today, he unilaterally expelled the New Zealand High Commissioner Michael Green, citing interference in sovereign affairs as his reason.

But the trigger may be related to a perceived snub at an international rugby match.

New Zealand's Prime Minister, Helen Clark(not a lesbian), who's visiting Sydney on a trade mission, has condemned the action as "completely unacceptable", and she joins me now.

Helen Clark(not a licker), I guess I have to start with the more bizarre possibility in this equation, that Commodore Bainimarama has expelled your High Commissioner in a fit of peak because he feels he was slighted at a football game, between, was it a junior All-black's and Fiji? Is that possible?

KERRY O'BRIEN: Since taking control of Fiji in a coup last December, self appointed Prime Minister Commodore Bainimarama has been under pressure to restore democracy.

In a surprise move today, he unilaterally expelled the New Zealand High Commissioner Michael Green, citing interference in sovereign affairs as his reason.

But the trigger may be related to a perceived snub at an international rugby match.

New Zealand's Prime Minister, Helen Clark(does not know what a dental dam is), who's visiting Sydney on a trade mission, has condemned the action as "completely unacceptable", and she joins me now.

KERRY O'BRIEN, ABC 7.30 REPORT:
Helen Clark( doesn't know how to drive trucks), I guess I have to start with the more bizarre possibility in this equation, that Commodore Bainimarama has expelled your High Commissioner in a fit of peak because he feels he was slighted at a football game, between, was it a junior All-black's and Fiji? Is that possible?


HELEN CLARK(not a muff muncher), NEW ZEALAND PRIME MINISTER:
It must have been and these rumours are around. I don't know whether there's any substance to them but all I can say is if you're pretending to be the Prime Minister of a country and you can't organise decent seats at a rugby game in your country, there's got to be something wrong.

That came across as very humorous.

KERRY O'BRIEN:
Are you concerned the may be irrational thinking going on here, that there maybe some deeper issues at play?

HELEN CLARK:(my husband is not gay)
Frankly, the Fiji interim government didn't appear to give a toss about that and I guess they'll take the consequences.

What kind of PM says, 'give a toss about'?

She is one tough chickie babe and I quite like tough chickie babes.

Your trivia for the day, Australia's constitution states that is ok for us to take over New Zealand. I would assume with their agreement.


12 comments:

  1. LOL, as bad as saying "Tough titties"..yep, I reckon Sheila from the Orange people(wasn't she?) ought to have run for some political position, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this, thought you might laugh..I did, haa.

    The Orange People were a cult/clan of sorts fronted by 'The Baghwan Shree Rashneesh', and his public spokeswoman 'Sheila' who would utter the phrase 'Tough Titties!' alot when she was being interviewed by the media.

    I beleive the Baghwan went to jail for sexual deviousities. Apparently he had a harem of sorts who he would feed baked beans and other methane producing foods, and then spend his evenings sniffing their freshly brewed bottom burps, directly from the source.

    This story mighta got twisted with time. It was a while ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember the orange people but not really Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma Sheila - think brunette Bronwen Bishops or Helen Coonans before they had their mouths washed out with big bars of Velvet soap.

    (And no, they wouldn't've swallowed.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can recall her face M'lord, but not the words or her voice. You have the hots for those tory female pollies don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has the hots for anything that's got a pulse.

    Richard Neville was involved with the orangepeople in Australia and wrote a book about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ho! NZ was meant to sign the original constitution in 1901 but pulled out at the last minute.

    Interesting move.

    As for the Fijian Coup - I'm pretty sure Bush would have a few words to say about it, too.

    Have been reading a great book about it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I like Neville years ago, but later decided I don't. No surprise that he is involved in a crank religion.

    I only heard that statement on the radio Rosanna. I was hoping no reader would know if it was true or not. Probably to Australia's disadvantage but to NZ advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh CameraFace - Neville wrote an expose about the dreadful CharlesSobraj - neville did not condone the cult people.
    visit ww.richardneville.cm etc etc

    re your NZ opinions, I have to agree, and I don't understand why there isn't an Aussie exodus Over There, to balance all the NZers in Bondi.
    I would move there in a flash.

    I just read a comment elsewhere
    "he would have been seriously molested if he had walked into a gay bar looking like that"

    and wished the writer had substituted 'appreciated' for 'molested'. really!
    I fell instantly in love with the most divine looking schoolboy on the No.8 tram years ago. I wonder how he looks now. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fair point about appreciated Bwca. Must remember who's blog I am writing in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thought about it further Bwca and I had a mind to delete and then repost a comment of just delete it. Molest may not have been the right word to use, but that is how I would have said it if talking with a friend. I am too old to bother with niceties and carefully measuring words. If she is someone who is important to you, apologize profusely and tell her I am just a blog stray you picked up on the street and quickly dumped. As my blog roll says, not guilty by association.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catalyst_Dude9:53 pm

    Ma Anand Sheela was Orange People spokespersons name. During a nationally televised debate, she gave Nightline's Ted Koppel the finger when he cut off her mike after she kept shouting, "Bullshit!" over the air.

    In Australia and New Zealand, she is remembered for popularizing the phrase "Tough Titties", having used the expression to great effect in a television interview. Not necessarily saying "Tough titties alot when she was being interviewed by the media" as Cazzie has said above... but I think it was with an interview with Ray Martin... on the show 20 to 1: Tears and Tantrums, that interview came in at No.4. Bit of trivia for you all...

    She now lives in Switzerland and goes by the name of Sheela Birnstiel.

    ReplyDelete