Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Further thoughts on yesterday's shootings

I am killing stone dead the thoughts that I am having about the good guy who was fatally shot yesterday. Ignoring what I have heard, Hawthorn, solicitor, 4WDer, always ready to tell you how good he is. Blocked.

I heard suggested today that he ought to have a state funeral and I thought it would be quite appropriate. Many who have done less have received one. Also suggested was that we taxpayers, should pay for the flights and accommodation of the parents of the Amsterdam back packer who also tried to assist and was shot three times, although his condition is improving. Quite so.

You know, we have to deal with this as a big and extraordinary event. This does not normally happen here. If we accept that it does and are ho hum about it, we are on a slippery path to somewhere not very nice.

3 comments:

  1. I agree...this does not normally happen here...and we better stick to that!


    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o I forgot to say that the guy who didnt think twice b4 going to help someone, and then lost his life as a result of that is a real HERO.

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think his parents SHOULD be flown out.

    But, just my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.