Sunday, May 27, 2007

I've found it


It took us about twenty minutes to walk to our destination today. But the last three hundred metres we did in less than forty seconds...vertically. Yep, eighty eight levels above ground inside the Eureka Tower. Eureka is supposed to translate as I've found it.


The lift was very smooth and did not give a sense of speed at all. Only the pressure building in my ears indicated we were going very high very quickly. I can't say much more than the views are stunning. The outdoor area is adjacent to where a clear glass cell rolls out, so even if you don't go in the cell, you can watch it. It is opaque when it first rolls out and then the glass instantly clears, to the horror of those inside. I understand there are smashing glass sound effects. At some point a camera takes a picture inside the cell and the photo is available later inside. I did not go in it as there was a queue and when that disappeared and I went to buy a ticket, there was a queue there. I will go back at night time one day and do it then. R refused.


There is an airlock to go through when going out onto the open area and one not so bright woman had her head clobbered by one of the sliding doors. She was leaning against glass where the door slides open and whack.

I took a couple of pictures, but this is the only one worth showing. The Eureka Skydeck is here and some better photos are here, here and here.

1 comment:

  1. Warning needed: Rosanna, do not look at this picture.

    I get vertigo just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete