Sunday, May 27, 2007

Go the gouge

I am a bit football illiterate. I think I barrack for Collikilda.....I have it noted down somewhere. But in Melbourne, knowledge of football is unavoidable. This one grabbed me.

An AFL footballer (insert name so that he can be googled, Chris Judd) has been accused of eye gouging at a football match. I would have thought the term eye gouge was pretty obvious, but correct me if my idea of the deed is wrong.

You stick your fingers into someones eye socket hard and try to gouge out their eye. They end up with a sore eye if they are lucky or blind. The aim must be to damage the eye in some way. What a marvellous thing to do to another human. Very sporting.

9 comments:

  1. One word, "DIRTY".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought serious physical assault Cazzie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not dirty - remember that rugby player (Hopoate I think his name was)? He had a much dirtier place to put a thumb. Eye damage at a different location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should add that it's now two days later and it's still big news. For the love of God, this is bordering on insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes Rob, Hopoate. He did something else wrong and got kicked out eventually I think. Judd got one week suspension and they are going to appeal. He should have been charged by the cops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assault and theft of valuable news space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to damage someones sight should be on the front page as a criminal assault.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly didn't rank anywhere near the top 100 great eye-gouges of our time. Had nothing on the 3 Stooges or anything seen in a Rugby game recently.

    Was more of a "scratch" while five guys were sitting his head (!?). Very tame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Adam. Clearly I am not in touch with football and trying to damage someone's sight is quite acceptable. (used to re-enact 3 stooges with my brother. Wonder we never killed each other)

    ReplyDelete