Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A friend or not

I was going to meet a friend in town for lunch on Monday. He cancelled because he had a tradie coming to do some work and had to get his car serviced. Fine. Rearranged for today, but today he has an upset stomach.

I know full well what this is about. He has had a better offer of some sort. I suspect sex is involved.

As I am feeling a little hurt and mighty annoyed, and I have known him for about ten years, I think the loss is more his than mine because I am terribly busy in the near future. Can I afford to play a hard to get type and petulant at my age? You betcha.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you, stick to your guns. Why people do this I don't know, I just think it is arrogance really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite, Andrew. I cancelled on a friend last night. Perhaps not a 'better offer' but absolutely run to the ground with study.

    Sometimes it's genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cazzie and Rosanna, he does have history of this, so I am annoyed that he has done it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well call me petulant but how many times have you refused me?

    Another opportunity coming up, I'll email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I say I will come, I will come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very much practised saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a dubble entre Jahteh. Honestly, such matters depend on my shift work, R (we rarely do anything separatedly socially) and if there is anything else is on.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.