Friday, May 18, 2007

Draft - Gay in a city of 5 million

My god, I must have been drunk when I wrote this one. I can see my point, but only just. Could not expect anyone else to. Can this date be true? 14/12/04


Yep, folks, we in Melbourne now live in a city of 5 million people. Who could believe it? Well I can sometimes. So long as I remain within a reasonable distance of the cbd, I never seem to have a problem with people being anti gay. I only ever tell people if they ask, but I suppose in many ways it is quite obvious. Is that why beggers/street sales people/dip demontrators in supermarkets target me? Gays are a soft touch for beggers? Maybe they are if the begger was cute, but I have never seen a cute one and so they don't get a brass razoo from me. I do respect the honest buskers but.

I have been know to push the gay issue a bit sometimes, but always when I know I can get away with it. My partner at times could murder me over it.

Of course, the older you get, the less you care about what people think about you being gay, and the less you feel the need to make a point about it. I am not know for picking up on subtleties, but I can say that I have rarely experienced much in the way of overt homophobia. (Thanks to AFE for the clue towards this post). If you are a straight male and reading this, yes, I know what you are thinking.........do you know what I am thinking about you?

Lesbians are kewl, they know what they are about. Straight chicks, well, hey hun, we have something in common, and only the most scrubber type chick seems to have any problem with gay guys. Out gay guys, well sisters, I can't tell you a thing. Closested guys, get your f***ing act together.

(note new para for str8 guys)

Well, blokes are blokes and I reckon they get a pretty hard time of it. A straight bloke may wear a suit or shorts and a t, but at the end of the day you are a straight guy. You have to behave like one, react like one, do what is expected of you. Damn hard work I think.

Sometimes I feel sorry for you straight guys, but only because I know what expectations are heaped on you. Actually, and this is deep, way deep, I am gay because I like guys. I quite like straight guys too. I like you physically and all the biz that goes with that, your voice, the smell of you, your hair (or the lack of it), your (mostly) lack of dress sense...... I could go on. But you are a man, and I like men a lot, gay or straight. And I sympathise with the trouble you dick has got you into, it not different for any men, gay or straight.

(save for review)

3 comments:

  1. LOL, well, if I doid not read it here I would not have thought you had written any of this. Mainloy because of the grammar errors, hehe.
    Anyone not accepting or wanting to know of gay peoples is justabsolutely missing out. Let them keep their heads in the sand...the ones who are openly candid against gay-ness... keep yor head high and walk away, they are not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were pretty good reasons why this one did not get published Cazzie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, look at my spelling errors...LOL, slinks off...

    ReplyDelete