Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What happens to old bloggers when they die

Blogging has been around for a while now. What happens to your blog when you die?

I have thought about being stuck down by a terminal disease and posting a daily blog about my slow demise and then one day, there are no more posts. Then R, after diligent searching, manages to work out how to post on my blog and mentions my demise. 'I regret to inform you that Highriser.....'

And then at the reading of the will when Highriser is mentioned? All the nieces and nephews will devour the contents of my blog and think what an interesting uncle they had, not! Wish they had known him better, not! My blog will just disappear in the ethernet, whatever that is. Some people in a heavily edited form will live on because they have been Pandoraed.

For most of us, our blogs will die with us. Although I really hope they don't. They will be a wonderful archive for historians (ouch, I nearly wrote future historians).

3 comments:

  1. Working on the X-Files slogon, 'Trust no-one', I print out my posts. It'll be handy when I'm old and can't afford toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, slogan, which still doesn't look right.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.