Monday, April 23, 2007

The Alf

I have had my own experiences at the Alfred Hospital. See here and here. I received first class treatment in our respected public hospital as a public patient.

Today a friend had to have a medical test and I offered to pick him afterwards as he may have still been affected by the anesthetic. It was in the Alfred's brand new elective surgery building, very smart indeed. He could not praise the staff enough and considered he received first class treatment too.

I wish I had checked out the parking situation first as there was an area to park for free when collecting patients. Instead I walked there and we caught a cab from the hospital to his home.

While I know some individuals have problems at times, if the Alfred is anything to go by, we receive very good treatment by our public hospitals. Well done the Alf.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree, I did my graduate year there 12 years ago now and I loved every minute of working at the ALFRED.
    Hope your friend is ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tests, all clear.

    ReplyDelete