Thursday, March 01, 2007

Playing with the big boys

I am a senior member of Walking Melbourne. All that means is that I have made one hundred posts. Still, I do take a wee bit of pride. The principle people within this group are smart, far more cleverer than me. Bit like a transport group I am also a member of. There are some clever people there too. Neither are gentle if you make a mistake or express an opinion they don't like. No matter, I push on with my slowly thickening skin.

Here is my latest post to Walking Melbourne. It only took about five hours of my life. I enjoyed doing it. I hope some people at the group appreciate it. I do admire the effort some people make in Walking Melbourne. Typing away on a blog is easy. Adding pictures takes more time. Multiple pictures with details is very time consuming.

3 comments:

  1. That is so interesting that site, I will be sure to keep an update on it. Thereb are so many places I look at when I travel through North Melbourne to work and back, I often wonder who originally owned the places, and, of course, what they look like inside.
    When I worked in Prahran, I also loved the buildings around there.
    I have been known to take pics of wrought iron works in and around Nth Melbourne and emailed them off to a friend abroad. I love that kind of work.
    Good work on making 100 posts, guess we all be on the look out for that man with the camera hey? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cazzie. I only take the camera if I really want to take pics as it too bulky. I need a pocket sized one. But I do have a couple of pics of North Melbourne in my blog. I don't like the post, it is so badly written, but have a look if you must.

    http://highriser.blogspot.com/search?q=errol+street

    Reading an old blog post amused me. I had forgotten about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good effort Andrew. I love Melbs and always seem to walk heaps when I'm there.

    Hooray for the free tram though when i get too knackered ;)

    ReplyDelete