Sunday, February 18, 2007

Punishment Glutton

Mad dogs and Englishmen and stupid Aussies go out in the heat by choice. We went to South Melbourne Market this morning. Too hot for dim sims. Just had a sandwhich and appalling coffee. Not the weather for coffee anyway. The renovated market is looking stunning. The fresh food displays are excellent and forced me to buy some oysters for my lunch. Smoky Bay in South Australia they came from. Where on earth that is I don't know.

I was passing the stall of a nice young Aussie/Chinese man and just thought I would ask if he had an earpiece set for my phone. I know I would never pay price for the genuine ones. He did have a few sets of varying prices. I bought the cheap ones of course. Twenty dollars. This afternoon I have been busy on Kazaa getting some bits and pieces of music. I use the pay version of course.

Ah well, time to get gussied up for the journey to Langwarrin. Wonder if nephew will have any cute mates at his birthday celebration?

7 comments:

  1. tony@anthonymalloy.com5:39 pm

    We may have passed each other in the aisles Andrew. If you're after great coffee at the market try the pizza boys at the southern end of the meat aisle. They also make great breakfast calzones if you're feeling hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew, wonder if the Dim Sims taste the same .... The one and only Asian man that had been there forever passed away... I havent been there for ages, I must say tho its a must gotta grab some Dim Sims from South Market when im there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tony. I was the gay one with the boyfriend. Ah, doesn't narrow it down that much. Used to get coffee outside from near the dim sim stall which was ok and it looks like it may have reopened but will give your suggestion a go next time.

    Yes Robyn, so far as I can tell, they haven't changed. The widow and the daughters still operate the stall. There was some fuss with the health department a while ago, but all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My office the temperature broke the 51 degrees barrier on Sunday (not the first time). I've resorted to posting a sign at the door directing any complaints to the head office as I tend to be a little busy to hear things I already know about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a cruel and unusual punishment Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melb ppl eat dim sims for breakfast???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brunch my dear. And we queue for them. They are recommended by VicHealth as a cure for Saturday night excesses.

    ReplyDelete