Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bump Ouch

For a change I am not nagging City of Port Phillip, this time it is City of Stonnington. On a street I travel on often on my way to and from work, a speed hump was installed. I have never seen anyone speeding in this street but it is busy enough for a side street.

This street receives a lot of council attention and a cynic might suggest that this is because ex politician Barry O. Jones is a resident of said street.

Firstly this speed hump is unusual. It is not a smooth speed hump but a very sharp one. 20kph be damned. More like 3kph. It was installed and a City of Stonnington engineer has told me that it did not comply with regulations and has now been modified. Modified it was. I can't drive over it without the bottom of my car scraping, at any speed. By the marks on it, many other cars are scraping over it too.

So the council installs a speed hump, modifies it to meet regulations and then will no doubt modify it again to comply with god knows what. What a waste of ratepayers money, thankfully not mine. But my council knows how to waste money just as well as Stonnington.

4 comments:

  1. Why can't these bastards live closer to me? Air con trams, regular police patrols, you name it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from the 4wd war zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - this week I read a wit somewhere call Noosa a suburb of Stonningbloodyton.

    Barry's alright. They got rid of him cos he's too smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stonningbloodyton. Like it Brownie.

    ReplyDelete