Friday, January 12, 2007

The Mazda returns

I am $1000 poorer after paying for a service and tune, having a split radiator tank repaired, a thermostat switch and some burnt out wiring repaired. The car is now running well and positively charged up St Kilda hill from my garage in Inkerman Street.

Since the car has not had any attention since I think April last year, I should not complain too much. Averaging out all repair and servicing costs over the seven odd years that I have had the car, it really hasn't cost me much at all. While a trouble free new car might be nice, it would have cost me an awful lot more.

Some people would not be seen dead in an older car. I just don't care. My home is much more important to me. Btw, talk of a new car on the home front has gone quiet.

1 comment:

  1. 1986 Mazda 323. Regularly serviced in Kew since forever. Parts are cheap, no fancy on-board stuff, no A/C, manual, only an AM/FM radio (which gets the mp3 treatment. I feel no shame driving an older car that has lasted many times longer than the new plastic crap that's coming out. If only they made them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete