Monday, January 29, 2007

Cockies



You Melbourne people know what I am talking about and so do you Sydneysiders. Except we have a slightly different language. I recall being puzzled by a Sydney friend's reference to cockies and how he was killing them en masse. How cruel I thought and why would you kill such entertaining birds when he lived in concrete and not red cedar?



We in Melbourne know cockies as cockatoos, a bird, but filthy Sydneysiders know them as cockroaches, or roaches or cockies.

It has come to pass that we cross over. DB has cockies and R does at his work place too. R's invasion sound like they are of the native variety, not sure about DB's.

6 comments:

  1. "Dirty Sydneysiders?" I don't know whether to be flattered or take offense :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown ones are Aussies, flat black ones are Seppos probably in the pay of the CIA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filthy actually Steph. Why do you think I like the place.

    Jah Teh, I would have to see them side by side so I would know. I don't want to do that. All creatures great and small does not inlude them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydney is a beautifully situated city. Too bad their lingo is SO DAMN WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to see them together, the black ones are shiny shiny black and really flat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to see them together, the black ones are shiny shiny black and really flat.

    ReplyDelete