Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bagging the Blunnies

I was quite fond of Blundstone boots. I think I owned three pair sucessively. The first was around $80 and the last around $50 and I think they are still that price. My love affair with Blunnies ended after the third pair in six years wore out and I was talked into buying a pair of Rossi boots by a nice chappie at Pells camping store in Chapel Street. I suppose they will wear out eventually but after six years of almost daily wear at work, they are still in very good condition. I call them my slippers as they are very comfortable too. They were about $90 as against the $50 for Blunnies. I have had my money's worth.

So now that Blunnies are not going to be made in Australia anymore, I have no hesitation in saying that they are of a far lesser quality than the very marvellous South Australian made Rossi boots. Buy Rossi, they're good.

2 comments:

  1. when I was in the height of my teenage horse-back riding career in Canada, THE boots to have were Blundstones. I wanted a pair really, really bad but my mom refused as their price tag was close to 200 bucks. I never did get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look very natural when sitting in stirrups.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.