Sunday, December 17, 2006

The weekend that was

Barbecue at a friend's place Saturday night, very pleasant with people known and new people met. Laughter is good. There was much of it. Admire cmas lighting on house. Hopefully photo to come. Home and watch The Bill on tape and knock off cmas cake brandy.

Sunday, phone call from mother to tell me my great aunt Lal (Charlotte) has died at 98 I think.

Tourist bus from Shrine to William Street in the city, interesting.

Fish and chips at New Quay, Docklands, yum.

Wave to ex building manager's wife on her balcony of a New Quay highrise, hope she doesn't think we are stalking her. We met her for coffee last Monday.

Water Taxi to Federation wharf, pleasant in the sun and the cool breeze.

Excellent coffee at Riverland Bar and Cafe on Federation Wharf on the banks of the Yarra. (The old Batman Avenue vaults)

Home in time for a nanna nap, a clean of exhaust vents on balcony and living room windows and watch taped Australia's most disliked songs, or something like that. Shud Uppa Ya Face was number one.

Satay chicken for dinner.

Watch funny Spicks and Specks cmas tv show. Fantasize about Adam Hills and wonder what he looks like below the ankle since he is missing a foot. Also wonder what he looks like between his stomach and upper thighs.

Watch very good show on commercial tv about Lizzie Battenberg.

Conclude the evening with the remains of ABC tv's Compass, an interview with our new federal opposition leader, Krudd.

And along the way there was a little computer use.

Bed time for young men now. I bid you adieu.

4 comments:

  1. I liked to Compass show on Krudd, I saw it when it was originally shown, but in the climate of today it take on a bit of a different meaning.

    I really hope he doesn't show up at Hillsong

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that everything you do is so very Melbourne. Water taxi - c'est tres bonne!

    Is Adam Hills REALLY missing a foot, or am I just gullible and tired?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guruann. I heard the Hillsong mentioned but then missed his response. I must check the transcript.

    Yes Rosanna, Adam Hills is missing a foot.

    Pretty nice Jo, pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.