Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Neighbourly Drinkies

R is our body corp committee representative at the moment. I am just the manipulative bitch behind the throne. He was invited for season's drinkies somewhere up the top of the building, along with other committee members, building staff and some building management. I was not.

I predicted what would happen pefectly, so I busied myself in the kitchen and I did not shower and change when arrived home. Drinks were at 7.30.

7.45 phone rings. R asks if I would like to come up for a drink. No, I am halfway through cooking.

8.15 phone rings. R asks if I can come up for a drink. Everyone is asking about me. No, I am halfway through eating, I haven't showered or changed.

10.00pm R arrives home. I knew he would say I was being precious by not going up for a drink. He said I was being precious by not going up for a drink. The organiser was very apologetic about not asking me directly. I had made my precious point. I am not an also ran.

Besides, I will see most of them at a neighbour's drinkies on Friday night. Once in a week is plenty.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Andrew. No sloppy seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twice a week would have been good on this occasion. Another excuse to crack open another bottle with others so close to home.

    But I would concur that you did do the right thing. Invites help and only from the right people.

    ReplyDelete