Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Cmas boss

After twenty blah blah years of loyal service, what was my cmas bonus? A friend one year about ten years ago got $2000 but the following year he had a nervous breakdown. Our body corp this year gave our building manager a $100 voucher and the two under staff $50 vouchers each.

Well. don't expect me to care to the point of having a nervous breakdown boss. I have heard via the net that we were to receive a calendar for cmas. I saw a workmate the other day carrying a paper bag with handles on it. Perhaps it had the calendar in it. Perhaps he chased after his cmas bonus, the calendar. I am not really the type to do that. Asking for your Cmas present? I don't think so.

My loyal patronage to companies who appreciate me being a customer ensures I have plenty of calendars already anyway.

Well never mind boss. Maybe next year. But you will understand why I feel a little bitter. You will understand why I may not perform to your full expectations. I will perform my duties in a satisfactory manner, no less and certainly no more.

4 comments:

  1. What, you didn't pick up your pedometer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From our gracious captains of industry we got the pedometer (am/fm radio included!), the Luna Park pass and, wait for it, a calender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Luna Park pass?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:10 am

    At least it was free. I think they should have poked you all with a point bar.

    *anonymous Yarra employee*

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.