Wednesday, December 27, 2006

James Brown is dead

American soul rock singer James Brown has died. Great that he was out doing good works not long before he died.

Back in party days at Shed 14 or Shed 9 at where is now Docklands, I heard a track a liked. I went out and bought it (I cannot remember the name of the medium), a long playing single vinyl dance track called James Brown is Dead.

It was a good track and I recall dancing around our Glen Iris house to it in private moments, but it would seem the announcment of him being dead was premature. It is not now. Perhaps it was his style of music. The track I believe was by a group called L. A. Style.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that track. Can't remember for the life of me who it was by, but I do remember thinking "Christ, the guy's still alive! It's a bit rough". Now it has come home to roost I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I now have the perfomers correct Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is not very good music. Not surprisingly, I did not keep the disc.

    ReplyDelete