Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Old age #29

Sometimes things in life just make me feel old!

There was a guy who I had some contact with a few years ago. It was purely about politics. We met once and exchanged several emails. Over the three years we swapped a couple of emails, but not for over a year now.

Post state election, I emailed him with a few points about how well badly the Greens did and also asked how he is going etc etc.

"Hi Adam," he replied, "hope things are good with you. Sorry, but I know many Adams and I can't quite place you. What is your last name?".

Somehow I don't think it would have been any different if he absorbed that my name is Andrew. I bet he knows plenty of them too.

5 comments:

  1. Andrew, I bet you're right!

    Don't know that I'd let that make you feel old, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to it Daisy Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what was your response!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just won't reply Jess. Pretty pointless to isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the funniest blog post I've read in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.