Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Utube

I have been a bit busy on youtube. As well as the 'only gay in the village' clip, I now have 'Not happy Jan' and the three different versions of the Qantas I still call Australia home ads. I also have the original of the 'Where the bloody hell are you' ads and two very good spoofs of them.

But my peeayce of de resistance must be this one. For you overseas folk, yes, some Australians really do talk like this bloke. I was sitting and distractedly looking out the windows when I first heard it. It took me a few seconds to process what I had heard.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love this commercial.

    Seems like blokes tend to have thicker accents then the ladies, in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men are perhaps more inclined to talk with their mouths barely open. Stops the flies getting in, I believe. But to hear a real country woman with a broad accent talk is a marvellous thing. Diction and ennunciation perfect, but wow, the vowels and the dropped letters. Have you noticed how our media interviewed aborigines often get subtitles?

    ReplyDelete